Four Footed Friends (FFF), which was founded in 1982, is a local, no-profit organization which helps homeless animals in a variety of ways.
- We provide a wide range of assistance including veterinary care, rehabilitation and socialization.
- Our ultimate goal is to selectively place our animals with families and individuals.
- We do not believe a cat or dog should be euthanized simply because it does not have a home.
- Animals remain in our shelter until the right home is found.
- We believe it is essential to control the pet population through spaying and neutering.
- We will continue to rely primarily on the volunteerism.
Four Footed Friends Services Provided
The services that Four Footed Friends, Inc. provides to the community include the following:
- Sheltering and finding homes for animals (primarily Dogs and Cats)
- Promoting spaying and neutering of pets to control the animal population
- Funding and participating in multiple low income spay-neuter programs
- Educating the public on animal care and welfare
- Visiting local schools and participating in various community events
- Providing emergency veterinary assistance (through local veterinarians)
- Responding to emergency calls
- Rescuing animals in distress
- Co-sponsoring a Humane Officer for Indiana County
“Every animal has the right to live without abuse, and die without inflicted pain.”
|Board of Directors|
|President||Dr. Stephen Osborne||Professor of Management, Director, IUP Small Business Institute, Corporate Relations & Internship Coordinator (IUP)|
|Vice President||Mary Ann Dodson||Teacher’s Aide: Indiana Area School District|
|Treasurer||Susan Brant||IUP – Off Campus Program Coordinator|
|Secretary||Natalie Osborne||Advertising & Real Estate (Retired)|
|Fund Raising Chair||Donna Davis||Owner, Jim Davis Collision Works|
|Newsletter Editors||LuAnn Fee||Director, Food Services Armstrong School District|
|Dr. Joette Wisnieski||Professor of Management, Asst. Director, IUP Small Business Institute, Corporate Relations & Internship Coordinator (IUP)|
|Other Board Members|
|Cindy Barnes||Registered Nurse, Indiana Regional Medical Center|
|Dr. Susan Dahlheimer||IUP Professor of Food and Nutrition, Department Chair (Retired)|
|Katie Haberl||Attorney, Holsinger & Clark|
|Beth Sabatini||English Teacher, Penns Manor High School|
|Lisa Boyer||Sales Operations Analyst, WIDIA Products Group|